Krazy Weather! Are You Prepared?
Being prepared for crazy weather!
There is a lot of information out there on being prepared for every disaster know man.
Now the question is; are you prepared for the disaster that is about to hit you?
With the coming weather that is about to hit Florida, Georgia, South Carolina. Are we ready for all the craziness that is about to happen in GA where I live.
The authorities say yes! They are ready for the weather that is about to hit.
So what do we Georgians need to prepare for? Here is a list I have compiled for what I think we need to do before the weather hits.
1. Fill up your vehicles with gas
2. buy extra gas
3. stock up on snack and dry goods
4. make sure you have enough meals for at least 4 days
5. medications are refilled
6. chain saw
7. backup plan; i.e. able to go to someone else’s house in case yours is damaged
8. weather radio
9. fully charged cell phone
10. first aid kit
11. button down all loose items on your property
12. move to higher ground if your house or neighborhood is prone to flooding.
13. bring in all pets if possible.
14. make sure you have bottled water
15. flash lights are in good working condition. Does it have fresh batteries? Does the lightbulb work?
16. Stay away from power lines
17. Do NOT cook on your Gas Grill, use Sterno or kerosene stove, make sure you have matches .
18. Secure all Firearms
19. Unplug everything except your refrigerator or make sure they are on a surge protector
20. Secure all your legal documents in a SAFE place.
Here is a list from FEMA that you can also go by: Click HERE
List of resources that you might need after a disaster:
Make sure you have you Power Company Phone# or if they have an app to download it now before you loose power or the internet.
Also check with your state and local government for Disaster Relief.
This is not an exhaustive list. I am sure they are many more thing a person can think of that they need to do.
It is my opinion that no matter the disaster or crazy weather that we face. The above list is something that should be followed. No matter the crisis.